Tuesday, February 10, 2015

#52Ancestors: WK 6: GREEN, David Edwin

** cross posted to Lass Chronicles **
This week, I grudgingly write a short entry about my second great grandfather.

David Edwin GREEN was born 07 Oct 1864[1] in Georgia[2]. He is the younger of two boys. His parents are David Edward and Elizabeth Ann (REYNOLDS) Green. Sadly, David Edward (the father) died just before the end of the American Civil War. His mother never remarried. His wife, Bessie, was the subject of Week Three. He and Bessie had thirteen children. He died 23 Sep 1943.
Obit: David Edwin Green
Panama City News-Herald, 28 September 1943, Page 3
I write this week so briefly because David seems like a solved mystery. I feel no connection to him at all. Most of the people I research, I want to know more. There's usually a spark of interest. In David Edwin Green, there's just a gulf of disinterest. My goal for David Edwin Green is to reevaluate the records I have on him. Did he own property? If so, he should be in tax rolls. Did he service in a military unit? Is there more to him that I should know?



[1] Based on his headstone
[2] Based on multiple U.S. Census records


Optional Theme: Week 6 (Feb 5-11) – So Far Away. Which ancestor is the farthest from you, either in distance or in time/generations? Which ancestor have you had to go the farthest away to research?

No comments:

Post a Comment